- Location - on Hughes Lake near the community of
Otter Lake,PQ (120 km west-north-west of Aylmer)
- Driving Time - 90 minutes from Aylmer
- Terrain - ample lakefront with dock, hardwood forest
and hilly steep banks to lake Safety Concerns - lake and
- Phone - public phone at corner store (Hwy 301 /
Picanoc) Cell phone reception in some areas.
- Emergency Medical - Shawville Hospital (38 km)
Wheelchair Access - very challenging roadway to cabin with
steps Special Considerations - propane is not supplied for
cook stove & propane lighting in cabin and woodshed. Bring
what you need! Cost - The fee is $100.00 per weekend.
|Just what we need!
Make a reservation
your mouse over the image to see descriptions of what you are
- Camping Sites - 5 established patrol-size sites
- Maximum Capacity - many
- Camp Site Facilities - fire pit and 8-foot picnic
- Shelters - cabin with wood heater, propane stove,
propane lighting and bunks for 21
- Toilet Facilities - 3 kybos
- Parking - 10 spots on site and 4 spots during winter
inside gate (200 m to cabin)
- Water - No potable water available, bring your
own. Potable water is available 24 7 outside the town municipal office 15 Palmer Ave. (Palmer runs west off of #301 immediately south of Picanoc Road.)
- Firewood - deadfall for camping sites and campfires
Council Fire - seating for 25
|| Program Opportunities
- Hiking/Orienteering - many opportunities
- Water Activities - swimming, wading, fishing (sandy
beach adjacent) and canoe tripping
- Winter Camping - ideal for novice to expert
- Wide Area Games - 2 open fields and great woods
- Program Themes - forestry (wide variety of native
trees and shrubs)
- Nearby Opportunities - rock climbing
|This looks great!
Make a reservation!
From Aylmer take Hwy. #148 to Shawville (approximately 74 km).
Turn north on Hwy. #303 to Otter Lake (37 km). In the village
of Otter Lake, make a sharp right turn at the first stop sign
(post office on left and corner store on the right). Proceed
to the small cement block Baptist church on right (3/4 km).
Take the left fork onto Picanoc Rd. until your reach Scout Rd.
on the left side and turn here (less than 1 km). The camp entrance
is at the first wooden gate on the left at the scout sign. Please
note that there is also an alternate route to Otter Lake from
the northeast via Kazabazua (north on Hwy. #105 from Hull to
Kazabazua and then turn left on Hwy. #301).
GPS Coordinates for the front gate: N45:51:34, W076:26:13
Please appreciate that failure to observe these standing orders
may result in a loss of the use of the campsite facility.
- The Otter Lake Campsite is provided for use of registered
members of the world-wide Scouting movement by providing
facilities for the delivery of the Scout program.
- The Scout Law and Promise and relevant bylaws of the council
form the basis of proper conduct by users of the facility.
- The theme of "no-trace" camping is essential for the preservation
of these facilities and is applicable to all aspects of
- The group booking the site is responsible for any expense
required to restore the site or facilities should it be
necessary as a consequence of their occupancy.
- These fundamental standing orders may be supplemented
from time to time by specific orders.
- The cabin, shed and gate must be locked when departing
and during any extended absence from the site.
resting by the council fire, set and ready for the evening fire.
Beautiful Hughes Lake in the background makes this council fire
one of the best in Heritage Area.
When your application is received by Heritage Area you will
receive a response informing you of the amount of the Total
Fee Payable if the date you stated is available. The fee is
$100.00 per weekend.
The camp fee is due immediately upon reserving a date.
Reservations will be held only for groups having confirmed their
reservation by payment of the camp fee.
In the event of cancellation, camp fees will be refunded only
a) the cancellation is a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the booked
b) a replacement booking occurs for the date in question.
Make the cheque payable to "Scouts Canada - Heritage Area" and
send to Doug Cody c/o Voyageur Council at 1345 Baseline Road,
Suite 200, Ottawa, ON, K2C 0A7. Heritage Area will issue the
If you would like to use our Area facility contact Doug Cody
to make a reservation tel: (613) 722-8859 or EMail
If you have any questions about the facility please contact
Pierre Gendron our